Friday, May 19, 2006
First Day Back to Work
Well, Lee is going back to work today. He just left. Strange as it may seem, I don't know how I am going to cope without Lee here to back me up. It was nie to have him here to take over looking after Brandon when I needed to do something. Now, I'm not sure I will be able to get things done. Will I even be able to pee? Okay, I know that is a slight exageration, but sometimes this kid cries and I can't help him. It's a relief to be able to hand him over to Lee in those instances. Maybe I will be lucky and he will sleep most of the time.

7 comments:
Just stumbled past your blog... You'll make it! Life gets normal again... you'll be performing gymnastic routines while balancing the baby on your head
Thanks for the confidence. I am really a big SPAZ when it comes to my son. I hope you're right.
You need not panick just remember one thing at a time. Baby comes first and if he cries, he cries most the time he just wants attention and needs nothing more. You do not want him to get into the habit of crying just so you will hold him. He's fine on his own. Deep breaths instead of screaming or swearing. You will be fine. I believe in you. If all else fails call me I am home for the next 8 days or so.
Auntie Ruth
Thanks Ruth. So far, that formula seems to be working. Except in the middle of the night. When he wakes up around 3am, he wants to be cuddled while he sleeps. Is he going to want that all the time?
I know it sounds weird but Draya got pretty used to lying on the bathroom floor (on a blanket) so that I could pee when she was little.
You'll do just fine!
I can relate. It was hard finding a moment to pee. I have some words of advice that I got from new mom's network. They were a lifesaver. They are: "I WAS HERE FIRST!"
Baby will be just fine. If you have something that has to get done, and you need three minutes just to do it, you can do it. Even if he's crying, you can do it. He won't remember that you left him crying in his crib for 3 whole minutes so you could take a whizz. Just make sure he's someplace safe, and don't leave him for too long if he's upset. But you'll cope.
If I did it, anyone can!
When my babies cried, I held them. It is impossible to spoil a baby by giving them cuddles. Babies can actually die from not being held (in orphanages, for example, not in loving homes)
That said, you still need to take care of you too. If he is screaming so much you think you are going to crack, just put him somewhere safe and walk away. We have all had to do it.
It's a lot of work taking care of a baby. You are doing a great job.
Post a Comment