I got home yesterday and there was a package waiting there for me. This one was clearly marked that it was from Amazon.com. It was my birthday gift from my brother. (The one in New York.) He got me Doogie Howser MD season 1 and a book if essays on the TV show Angel. I haven't had much of a chance to enjoy either one of them yet. But I will. It will be nice to see some young Neil Patrick Harris. But last night, we had our last pre-natal class to go to and also, my other brother came over the night previous and got my hooked into Battlestar Gallactica. Yes, the new one. Well, he just started me off with the mini-series. I was reluctant to give it a try, cause I had heard mixed reviews about it. But, now I want more. Well, at least I will have plenty to watch durring my Mat leave.
Now, today another package arrived. Now, I have the soundtrack to Curious George. There is nothing like a little Jack Johnson to relax you. Ah, this is nice. I think he is making the baby kick or punch or whatever. Good job Jack!
So, yesterday at the last pre-natal class they decided to show us a video on 5 different couples going through the whole labour and birth process. Man alive! I don't like any of those options. I don't think I will be giving birth now. I'll keep this kid nice and cozy, thanks.
Pizza is almost ready. Ciao!

2 comments:
Did they show you the video with the "focal point", and the woman having the giant contraction while staring at a picture (being held up by her husband) of Fluffikins the cat? And the husband supportively reminding her to "look at the cat; just look at the cat"? My whole class was just dying of laughter at that point!
Or the one with the woman with the perfect '80s hairdo, who was constantly worried about how her hair looked for the camera?
Trust me, your birth will be unique to you. Don't be deeply affected by anything you saw.
I don't think we saw that video. There was no focal point mentioned much. But there was a woman with 80's hair that looked very groggy when she got her epidural. But those babies are just slippery and just whip right out of you. You know how small that passageway is. I can't imagine something that big going through it. I know it stretched. But still...thinking about it is a little off-putting. I know it has to be done. I will do it. It's just a mystery to me.
Post a Comment